Burgher Gray attorneys have represented numerous leading fund sponsors and investment management firms, rendering advice relating to product design, regulatory compliance, and trading issues, as well as in connection with the establishment and operation of fund sponsors and investment advisors. We have assisted in the organization and offering of hedge fund products in the United States and in non-U.S. jurisdictions using a variety of structures and vehicles. Hedge fund matters on which we advise include, without limitation, the following:
- Advice on day-to-day activities, portfolio trading issues and exchange listings;
- Determination of the appropriate legal structure and domicile;
- Development of portfolio management structures, including master-feeder, side-by-side, umbrella, series, and hybrid funds;
- Development of offering memoranda, operating and partnership agreements, subscription documents, compliance manuals;
- Review of sales materials and negotiations with seed or other key investors; and
- Preparation and negotiation of service provider agreements, including advisory, prime brokerage, administration, custodial, and placement agent agreements.
Burgher Gray represents private equity and leveraged buyout firms in acquiring and divesting equity and debt positions in portfolio companies in various industries. We also counsel issuers and financial sponsors engaged in private capital offerings and exit financings. Our attorneys have extensive experience structuring, drafting and negotiating investment terms and all associated documentation, including term sheets and investment, purchase, registration rights, shareholders and investors rights and key executive employment agreements, and all necessary filings to comply with federal and state securities laws.