Mark A. Samuel
OF COUNSEL | NEW YORK
Mark A. Samuel is a dynamic attorney who represents clients across a broad range of industries, including real estate, hospitality, and media. Mark’s principle areas of focus are Complex Litigation and IP and Technology, with an emphasis on the use of blockchain technology, regulation of cryptocurrencies, and cybersecurity, He has litigated a wide range of commercial disputes, including high-profile trademark and copyright cases.
Mark began his career in private practice, where he worked on complex litigation matters. He later worked in the corporate law departments of Chicago Insurance Company and Metropolitan Life Insurance Company. While working at the Chicago Insurance Company, he managed outside counsel and made strategic decisions regarding the defense and resolution of attorney malpractice actions throughout the state of New York. With the Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Mark counseled clients on a variety of legal matters, including state insurance rules and regulations, and drafted and negotiated corporate agreements.
- J.D., Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law (1997) (cum laude)
- B.A., Economics, University of Texas at Arlington, 1993
- State of New York
- State of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Business Disputes
- IP and Technology
- Use of blockchain as an emerging technology
- Regulation of cryptocurrencies
- Cybersecurity issues